What are cookies?
Google AdWords: allows us to see which keywords, web pages and ad text helped lead to conversions such as contact form submissions or whitepaper downloads. This allows us to ensure our paid ad spend is used in the most efficient way.
DoubleClick: allows us to use Remarketing code to log when users view specific web pages, and fit specific criteria, so we can serve tailored advertising on other websites. This information could include interests, affinity audiences, in market segments, demographics, similar audiences, device usage, user location, your use of our website and more.
Facebook Cookies: we use Facebook retargeting pixels and conversion tracking pixels to allow to to create targeted advertising in the future.
Google Analytics: allows us to see user website activities including data such as page views, traffic source, time spent on site, and website interactions such as downloads. This information is displayed as numbers and is no way personally identifiable so your behaviour on a website won’t ever be tracked back to you as a an individual person. This allows us to better tailor our website content to your needs, and also serve tailored ads to you on other websites. This ad targeting can include targeting such as affinity audiences, in market segments, similar audiences, demographic and location targeting, and more.
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Simrad yachting, and other third parties such as Google and Brightcove. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- To collect information about the browsing habits and activities of visitors, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To offer additional functionality such as the My favorites feature
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Go to > Settings > Show advanced settings. In the "Privacy" section
- click Content Settings to adjust cookies settings
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.