Zeus² Software Update
B&G is pleased to announce new software for the Zeus² series of multifunction displays. This release incorporates new features and improvements including:
- PredictWind Weather routing
- Navionics SonarChart Live
- Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting
- Navionics Plotter Sync
- NMEA2000 Entertainment and Audio Enhancements
- Predict Wind weather routing
- Weather Routing by PredictWind is now available to B&G MFD and Chart Plotter users via a direct Wi-Fi connection.
- PredictWind weather routing and departure planning services are online weather routing tools for creating the fastest or safest route for your trip based on weather and tidal conditions.
- Navionics Dock-to-Dock* is an improvement of the current Navionics Autorouting algorithm. Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting quickly calculates a detailed route even through narrow passages and channels, based on chart data and navigation aids.
- Naviconics SonarChart™ Live** Allows the creation of personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps in real time on the Simrad MFD. With SonarChart™ Live, users can engage the sonar to create new and increasingly detailed charts everywhere they go.
- Navionics Tide Correction for SonarChart Live**. When selected, the tide correction feature uses information from nearby tide stations (if available) to adjust the depth values used by SonarChart Live as the sonar is recorded.
- Navionics Plotter Sync*** allows the synchronization of routes and waypoints between the Navionics mobile device App and a Simrad MFD. It can also update the Navionics chart card in the MFD with the latest chart data.
* Dock-to-Dock feature requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription. The Navionics Autorouting function is disabled in any unit designed for the U.S. region. All other models will automatically disable this feature when being used in U.S. territorial waters.
** SonarChart™ Requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription.
***Plotter Sync requires a Navionics app with an active subscription and a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription. Requires an MFD with internal Wi-Fi or connected to a WIFI-1 module.
- NMEA 2000 Audio enhancements. Now compatible with the following audio servers
- JL Audio® – MediaMaster® MM100s
- Prospec Electronics – Infinity® INFPRV450/INFMBB400/INFMBB4030
- ASA Electronics – Polk® Ultramarine PA4A
- Added ability to enter a depth offset for a Structure scan transducer
- B&G - Upload/Download of waypoints and routes via Wi-Fi is now available on B&G MFDs
- Tide station search. Some customers have reported the tide station search been empty when using newer Navionics charts. The Issue has been identified and fixed
- Tide stations not found when set to language other than English
- Default metric units for distance is now NM and speed now is knots
- Issue resolved where imported tracks were sometimes corrupted