V3100 Class B AIS
Increased Transmission Frequency and Reliability
The V3100 Class B AIS incorporates the same SOTDMA technology found in Class A solutions. This self-organising transmission technology allows the system to negotiate a regular transmission timeslot with other AIS units in range, facilitating more frequent and reliable position updates in high-traffic areas. The V3100 transmits updates, based on vessel speed, up to once every five seconds; this provides up to six times the reporting frequency of standard Class B AIS.
Increased Transmission Range
The V3100 features a maximum transmission power of 5 Watts, 2.5 times the transmission power of standard Class B AIS solutions. This allows vessels equipped with the V3100 to be detected over AIS at a greater range, and provides more reliable transmission to satellite-based AIS receivers.
Integrated ‘Black-Box’ Solution
This ‘black box’ AIS solution is designed to work with B&G multifunction displays, and other NMEA 2000® or NMEA 0183® connected marine electronics. Output to a standard PC is also supported via USB connectivity. The V3100 is contained in a compact IP67 water-resistant housing, and includes a built-in SD card slot for standalone AIS data logging.
- Enhanced performance compared to standard Class B AIS
- Transmit over greater distances with 5-Watt output power
- Transmit more frequent position updates with SOTDMA
- Greater transmission reliability in high-traffic areas
- Integrated ‘black-box’ solution
- NMEA 2000®, dual NMEA 0183®, and USB connectivity
- IP67 water-resistant housing
- Built-in SD card slot for AIS data logging